Department of Prosthodontics offers diagnosis, treatment planning, rehabilitation and maintenance of oral function, ensures comfort and appearance in case of missing teeth and associated structures.
Prosthodontics has the following branches.
1. Removable Prosthodontics
2. Fixed Prosthodontics
3. Maxillofacial Prosthodontics
Features of the Department
- Department of Prosthodontics engages classes, laboratories/clinics for all the years of BDS and has the comprehensive academic schedule for the under graduates. The department has a PG section with 3 PG intake annually.
- Speciality treatments like Laminate veneers, Occlusal balancing, Overdentures, Precision attachments, Cast partial dentutres, Resin retained bridges, Implant supported overdentures, Implant supported FPDs and Maxillofacial prosthesis like Obturators, Auricular, Orbital prosthesis are being done in the PG section.
- Department has got well equipped laboratory for removable dentures.
- It has separate casting and air conditioned ceramic lab for fixed partial dentures. Ceramic Lab has advanced ceramic systems like 3 D Master.
- Department has well equipped pre-clinical laboratories for Dental Materials, Pre-Clinical Prosthodontics and Pre-Clinical Crown and Bridge.
- Department has well equipped, air conditioned implant centre with different implant systems. Department has a planning of conducting implant course which includes different implant systems and with eminent faculty.
- Department is conducting CDE programmes, workshops and hands on programmes on regular basis in different disciples of Prosthodontics.
- Department serves the community by offering free of cost dentures to the old patients.