DEPARTMENT OF ORAL MEDICINE & RADIOLOGY
COLLEGE OF DENTAL SCIENCE & HOSPITAL, AMARGADH
The Department of Oral Medicine & Radiology is unique in that it combines Oral Medicine & Oral & Maxillofacial Radiology. It sits at the interface between Dentistry & Medicine. Mouth is the mirror of the body. It is a specialist clinical area of care for treating Head & Neck Medical/Dental diseases. In some cases mouth symptoms can suggests a connection with the disease or problems in others parts of the body & it is Oral Medicine specialist who can best decide what tests or investigations are needed in those situations.
Vision of the Department: Oral Medicine & Radiology integrates Medicine & Dentistry to promote Optimal Health.
Mission of the Department:
- To promote excellence in patient care, education & research in the field of Oral Medicine & Maxillofacial radiology.
- To promote access to quality, affordable & cost effective expert oral Medicine care.
Oral Medicine is involved in Patient care, teaching & Research involving Diagnosis & Non surgical Management of the diseases/Syndromes that impact the oral health including:
- Oro-facial pain
- TMJ disorders
- Mucosal diseases ( Potentially malignant lesions/Oral Cancer)
- Treatment of medically compromised patients
- Salivary dysfunction.
Oral & Maxillofacial Radiology deals with the acquisition & interpretation of radiographic image. Radiographic imaging as follows:
- Intraoral Radiography e.g. Periapical Radiograph (IOPA), Occlusal Radiograph, Bitewing radiograph.
- Extraoral Radiogrpahy g. Extraoral View, TMJ & Salivary gland imaging.
- Digital Panoramic Radiography(OPG)
Research & Publication:
The Department of Oral Medicine & Radiology is regularly doing Research studies The areas of research includes: Early diagnosis & management of Oral Potentially Malignant disorders, Oral cancer, TMJ Disorders, Oro-facial pain, Forensic odontology, Oral & Maxillofacial Imaging etc.
- The Department is regularly organizing CDE programme & Hands on workshop for the Advancements & Knowledge in the Filed on OMR.
- Faculty list: The Department is having well Qualified; Experienced & Recognized staffs for the effective & smooth functioning of clinical & academic work as well as Education.