About the Dental college:
- The College of Dental Science was established in the year 2009 in the historic and rural place of Amargadh situated in Saurashtra region of Gujarat. It is self-financed professional college which offers BDS degree with the annual intake of 100 seats.
- The college is affiliated to Maharaja Krishnakumarsinhji Bhavnagar University, Bhavnagar and recognized by Dental Council of India and approved by government of India.
- The college was established with the focused objective of bringing intellectual awakening, to impart quality education and to provide dental relief to the people from all walks of life. Since its inception in 2009, the college has grown up by leaps and bounds to attain the present state. Our premises is spread over 182 acres of land surrounded by lush green breath taking beauty in the rural part of Bhavnagar district. Palitana, a well known pilgrimage centre is just 32 kms away from our institute.
- Many of our students are pursuing post graduation in government and other esteemed institutes all over India. We serve the best medical and dental health service as a catalyst to the rural population of Bhavnagar district and also with provision of two satellite centres, one at Songadh and other in the heart of Bhavnagar city.
- Our institution also conducts regular seminars, interdepartmental meets, CDE, CME, Blood donation camps and tree plantation programmes. The 1st Dental Material Quiz competition of Gujarat was conducted successfully recently.
- We believe in imparting quality education as it is the need of hour to sustain in this cut-throat competitive world. It is our endeavor to develop a dentist who can serve the mankind effectively and efficiently.
- K.J.Mehta general hospital has up to date facilities for management of routine as well as critical medical, surgical and gynaecological emergencies. It possesses 750 beds with casualty ward and I.C.U and I.C.C.U. It also provides facilities like round the clock pharmacy, excellent radiological facilities with MRI, CT scan and Ultrasonography.
- The well equipped infrastructure and professionally efficient medical and para-medical staff are pillars of this hospital.
- Shri Khushaldas J.Mehta kshay Nivaran Hospital Trust is registered by Bombay public Trust Act 1950 having register no F/28. It is also registered by Registration of Society act 1860.
- After DOT came T.B. Hospital patient become extinct and hence converted into General Hospital having facility of various departments viz, Causality, Laboratory, Radiology, Surgery, Medicine ,ENT, Orthopeadic, , Gaynecology, Pediatrics & Opthalmology.
- It was functional 150 seats medical college in 2008 but close by unknown reasons in 2010.
Management Vision: To start Super Specialty Hospital with Medical College.